Why Sports Bettors Win, and Why They Lose

When it comes to sports betting, if you don't know how you're winning, you are probably losing. That's the fate of most people. And to make it worse, they don't know why they are losing either.
If you don't know those two basic things, why you win and why you lose, you are depending on luck. You may as well flip a coin or print out an odds sheet from the book and throw darts at it.
If you want to win you have got to know what you are doing. Some will try to make it sound like there is some magic formula only they have that allows them to win every single bet. Trust me, there is no magic involved in winning or losing.
Why does a loser lose? Why does a winner win? What is it they do differently that leads to different results?
Well, I could tell you how to lose. I used to do it all the time. But since I have no desire to relive those times I am only going to tell you how to win. It's a lot more fun anyway.
A winner does two things. First, they only bet on situations that have shown to swing the probabilities of a win in their favor. These situations are located by using a handicapping system, which could be as simple as betting a certain point spread.
But more importantly, before placing any bets on a team indicated by the system, it is verified by assessing the level of motivation the team may have going in. Personally, I call this the Motivation Factor. I even have a chart I use for every game. If the recommended team doesn't outscore its opponent on the motivation chart, I will likely pass on the bet.
So winning is simple really. All you have to do is find motivated teams with a situational edge. And there are more of them than a loser can imagine.

Powered by Blogger.